Monday, October 24, 2022

$8 EBAY lot

It has been close to 2 months since I last showed off some cards from EBAY.  The cheapskate in me does not win too many auctions.  I bid on a handful of lots or box breaks but did not get lucky.  I also forgot to bid on a Ray Lankford card I needed.  It went for less than my max bid, but I am not sure how high the winning bidder may have gone.  

I did win 1 auction on October 11 for $8.00.  Paid the same day but did not receive the cards until October 22.  The seller is about 3 hours from me but did not mail them until October 19.  I docked his feedback for slow shipping and excessive shipping cost.  I paid $3 shipping for a standard envelope that cost him $1.05 to ship.  Even adding $1 for supplies did not justify the charge.  At least the 3 cards arrived safely.  


This 2016 Triple Threads Wainwright card was the main reason I bid.  I love getting bat relics of pitchers.  It is hard to see, but this one is numbered to 36.  Wainwright has already made up his mind about his status for next year, but will wait until the World Series is over to announce it.  My money is on him coming back for 1 more year.


This jumbo jersey piece is from 2018 Immaculate.  Yes, it is just a plain white swatch, but a nice card anyway.  I really hope Flaherty returns to his 2019 or 2021 form.  An injury-free winter should help.  


The final card and 3rd different pitcher of the group was this 2019 Dakota Hudson autograph.  It will be interesting to see where the Cardinals use him next year.  He walks too many people to be a good starter.  That leads to a high pitch count and plenty of people on base.  I can see him starting the year in the bullpen, then moving into the rotations once a started gets injured.      


      

No comments:

Post a Comment