Friday, March 31, 2023

5 From 22

Opening Day did not go very well for the Cardinals' pitching staff.  Mikolas giving up 3 runs in the first was just a sign of things to come.  8 innings last, Ryan Helsley blew a 1 run lead in the 9th as the Cardinals ended up losing 10-9.  At least the offense had a good day.  My spirits were lifted some after opening my mail day from TCDB member bravefan1.


It sure would be nice to have a pitcher of Gibson's ability on the current team.  I did double take on this card after noticing his mustache.  I cannot recall any other cards where he has one.


Arenado had a good day with 2 hits and 3 RBIs.  Nootbaar managed 1 hit and scored a run.  I am down to 4 more cards to complete my 2022 Mosaic team set after adding these 2.  


Poor Juan Yepez.  After having a solid rookie season, he will open this year in Triple A thanks to Jordan Walker making the team.  I am sure someone will get hurt, and he will be up before the All Star Game.  I am down to the Pujols base card to complete 2022 Bowman Platinum.  Seeing the Rated Rookie logo on this Optic card brings back lots of memories of my early collecting days in the late 1980s and early 1990s.  Have you ever wondered why people do not collect these cards like they do Topps Gold Cup cards?  I know lack of logos have hurt them recently, but Rated Rookie cards are still iconic in my opinion.
   


   

No comments:

Post a Comment