Thursday, March 9, 2023

So Many Great Cards

I recently had the pleasure of doing my first trade with Trading Bases member Kyle D.  He joined the group last year and has received great reviews as a trading partner.  I found about 20 base cards and 5 inserts from his large want list.  In return, he found a large stack of Cardinals for me.


I can finally eliminate 1995 Finest from my want list.  I can also cross off 1995 Collector's Choice SE Silver Sig and 1995 Topps Embossed gold.  I already had a copy of the Lankford for my player collection, but needed one for the team set.  The other card is a 1995 Gold Medallion.


This batch of 1996 cards features more Gold Medallions and 2 different versions of 1996 Flair.  I was never a fan of this Gold Medallion design.  I need a background on my cards.


Ultra did a much better job with the 1997 Gold Medallions.  Gotta love the spring training shot of Delino DeShields turning a double play.  


One of the thousands of late 1990s McGwire cards.  This one is from the 1999 Ovation Remarkable subset.


I was really excited to see the 2 2002 Diamond Connection short print rookies.  Neither is very valuable, but it is hard to find these.  Both are numbered to 1500.  The 2002 Leaf Josh Peace is also a short print.  The Topps Chrome Woody Williams is also from 2002.  This is another set that I need a lot of Cardinals from.


The modern cards include a couple of Bowman inserts and a 2018 Panini Chronicles card.  I would usually rank the Herrera or Gorman as the best cards in the trade, but all the Gold Medallion cards get my vote this time.  

  




  

No comments:

Post a Comment