Friday, March 17, 2023

Redeeming my Goldschmidts

After my son and I left Saturday's card show, we made a quick lunch stop at Chick-Fil-A before heading to the west side of St. Louis to visit RBICRU7 card shop .  We now had $80 worth of 2022 Topps Chrome Paul Goldschmidt cards to redeem thanks to finding another base card at the show for $1.  I searched RBI's website earlier last week and found 3 nice Altuve cards my son needed, so it was a no brainer to stop in.    


This Museum Collection patch card was $10.  Really thick card with a great patch numbered to 35.


The 2011 Bowman Draft was $7, while the 2010 Bowman Chrome was $8.  We did see the Draft at the show for $4 but decided just to use our credit.  All three of these cards were in the display case.  These were filled with Cardinals that I flipped through but only decided to buy 1.


This 2004 Bazooka Molina rc was $15.  The batting version was also $15, but I wanted my son to have most of the credit so I left it in the case.  We still had $40 left to spend, so we hit the player and auto boxes.  I pulled 2 $2 autos for trading friend Ron B.


Ron is trying to complete most of the Topps Chrome autograph sets.  These 2 will be shipped out this weekend.  My son hit a small gold mine by finding a 3200 count box with nothing but top loaded cards of Altuve, Bregman, and Verlander.  They ranged in price from $1 to $4.  We spent the last $36 on all of the following cards.


I believe the Heritage short prints were $3, while the bottom 2 photo variations were $1.  


Nice to add Tek cards from 3 different years including a green parallel numbered to 99.


2 2022 Finest cards including a purple refractor numbered to 250.


Some Topps Chrome refractors and an Update Chrome insert.


The last of the Topps brands 



There were more Panini brand cards my son needed, but we opted for these 7.  In total he added 28 new Altuves to his collection.  Not a bad way to exchange 2 base cards I had duplicates of and a sepia refractor.









  

 

    


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It was actually 3. 2 base Chrome and 1 sepia refractor

      Delete
  2. That Altuve patch is sweet! Congratulations on land the Goldschmidt for a buck and turning it into some nice cards.

    ReplyDelete