Monday, March 6, 2023

My First 2023 Cards

Back when 2023 Topps hit the shelves last month, my son and I agreed to resist the urge to open any packs and try to trade for the cards we wanted.  Twice we saw blasters at Walmart, but avoided going down the card aisle.  I think we will be able to make it thanks to TCDB and Twitter.  Over the weekend we received a package from each one with some 2023 cards.  The TCDB trade was with member Stevie Jay.


I have a good start to my team set now.  There are 9 other Cardinals in the set, but there are plenty of other traders with these cards.  Nice to see rookie cards of Herrera and Liberatore.


My son added the Altuve base to his collection.  He is not a fan of the jersey.


I also added my first 2023 inserts.  It is a little early for Topps to call Gorman a Star of MLB.  

My Twitter purchase was a single card for $4.


I know relics are not much of a thrill anymore, but $4 for one numbered to 199 is a pretty good deal in my book.



  

No comments:

Post a Comment