Monday, November 6, 2023

Bench Trade

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Mine was so-so.  The weather was wonderful.  I was able to get out and do a few things Saturday morning and yesterday.  Saturday afternoon, my son and I hit up a card show.  To say it was a dud is putting it lightly.  We spent 1.5 hours walking around and spent a total of $2.  I had hopes of knocking off some recent base cards needs from Topps Update, A&G, and Platinum Anniversary.  Not a single dealer had any.  Should have saved my gas money.  At least I had a package waiting for me when I got home from The Bench member jmintz.


A trio of blue parallels from a few years ago.  It will be interesting to see how many sets Topps includes Wainwright in next year.  I am guessing just a few since he does not have a huge following outside of St. Louis.  It would be great if he had some certified autographs. 
 


2024 is Goldschmidt's last year on his current contract.  It will be interesting to see what the Cardinals do with him.  If they have another season like 2023, he will be traded at the deadline.  I hope they rebound to a playoff team and sign him for another 2-3 years.


For some reason, this year's Topps Chrome pink refractors stand out a little more than previous years.  Maybe my eyes are just getting older.  


   

No comments:

Post a Comment