Tuesday, November 28, 2023

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #61

I had a very relaxing Thanksgiving break.  I spent 4 days eating too much and doing a little online shopping, none of which involved baseball cards.  I did buy 2 tickets to a Cardinals game in April.  Hard to pass up all-you-can-eat seats for less than $60.00  Maybe I will see one of the 3 new pitchers they signed.  I am not sure how well they will do, but it is nice to see the Cardinals making some moves.

I was able to spend some time sorting and filing away cards this weekend.  As of today, I do not have any cards on my desk.  It is a nice feeling, but it will change later this week with a few incoming cards.  Of course, the last cards I filed were from TCDB members.  First was a nice pwe from member SJensen.  


I have a hard enough time completing regular A&G team sets.  The Chrome version looks nice, but is a brand I would not miss if Topps did away with it.


Mini cards are still not my favorite, but I will not turn down a nice Wainwright card.  Hope he is enjoying his first offseason as a retired player.  


Always room in my collection for these 2 Hall of Famers.  Nice to see Topps used a different photo for the 2021 70 Years of Topps Musial insert.


My son needs less than 10 Altuve cards to reach the 700 mark.  Good chance that will happen before 2024.

Second trade came from member Phipott.


Proving my point about A&G sets, I still need 5 base cards and 6 short prints to finish this year's set.  My goal is to finish it before the 2024 set is released.


These are my first cards from the 2023 Topps Pro Debut set.  Glad to see Winn is being included in more sets.  I hope he will have some on card autographs in 2024 instead of the sticker variety.


Another Brock card and a Jim Edmonds from 2023 Prizm.  Edmonds did not have many new cards the last few years.  Panini included him, Vince Coleman, and Ray Lankford in several sets this year.  I am not complaining about that at all.

  





      

No comments:

Post a Comment