Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Giving is Great, but Receiving is Fun Too

I hope everyone had a great Christmas.  I still have one more family gathering this Friday night, but for the most part things are back to normal.  I am lucky to have the week off.  There is plenty of time to file away cards that I have received in the last few weeks.  One such package was from Trading Bases member Kevin M.  I sent him a handful of Mets that I pulled from the bargain boxes at the December card show.  He sent me way more than he should have.

These 2 1972 Topps were a great way to start the package.  They are a little miscut, but are in great condition.  I am not overly picky with condition as long as there are no huge creases or writing on the card.  I believe the Reuss is a high number short print.

Jumping forward to 1998 are a couple of Upper Deck Special F/X cards.  I am not sure if UD was trying to duplicate Topps Chrome, but this set seemed unnecessary to me. 

 These are my first 2017 Topps Holiday cards.  I have seen a ton of these on blogs and trade sites, so I hope this set will not take very long to complete.

It is always nice to receive a Cardinals auto even if the player is no longer on the team.  This 2016 Tribute Blue #ed to 150 looks great in hand.  This is my fifth different Piscotty auto.  He signed for almost ever Topps product in 2017, so I am sure it will not be my last.

No comments:

Post a Comment