Wednesday, December 20, 2017

Still Stuck at 55

My weekly update on my quest to reach the top 50 traders on TCDB has not changed since last week.  I am still #55 with 70 trades completed.  I have a few more coming in, but I am safe to say top 50 will not happen this month.  At least I am getting in some nice cards for the Cardinals collection.  The latest package came from member madams30.


George Hendrick is sporting a sweet mustache on this 1985 Fleer Star Sticker.  One of my wishes for 2018 is for Silent George to have a certified autograph card in a Cardinals uniform.

I never understood why Upper Deck had to make 2 Collector's Choice sets in 1995.  The SE or Special Edition set was not that much different from the regular release.  I do dig the picture on the Lankford card though.

I remember buying a few packs of 1998 Leaf Rookies and Stars shortly after the release for around $10 each.  The JD Drew rookie card was very hot back then.  There are still quite a few SP cards that go for decent money.  It was nice to get this one in a trade.

You cannot say Pacific did not try to be different with some of the late 1990s card designs.  This 1998 Revolution base card is a little over the top in my opinion. 

I wrote about the thousands of Upper Deck McGwire cards before.  I still need a ton of them.  These 2 1999 Challengers for 70 Mark on History cards give me 15 out of the 25 in the set. 


2 comments:

  1. I really dig the 95 Collector’s Choice sets. The SE edition was made while the strike was still on and we weren’t sure if baseball would be back for the year. The non-SE set was made once the strike broke.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not know that about the SE set. Thanks for the info.

      Delete