Monday, December 18, 2017

Cardinals for Twins

While I was at the card show earlier this month, I dug through various boxes in hopes of finding some nice inserts for various team collectors I routinely trade with.  One team I had some luck finding was the Twins.  I wanted to send a small thank you to The Bench member David K for sending me  this awesome card  for winning a contest.  He did not need all the Twins I picked out, so I swung a trade with member reickholt for the rest of them.

I have very few 2017 Topps Chrome cards.  Of course I am still working on the Cardinals team set.  The Fowler refractor and Wainwright prism are both very attractive cards.  I may attempt a team set of those as well. 

The Cardinals have been pretty tough on their closers.  Both Motte and Rosenthal had TJ surgery after a couple of strong years and heavy use.  Who inherits that role for 2018 still remains to be seen.


I should have dug out the other 3 cards that spell A-L-B-E-R-T from the 2005 Zenith Spellbound set, but my card closet is also where some Christmas gifts are being hidden.  Needless to say my Cardinals insert box is buried for another week. 

4 comments:

  1. I've never seen those Spellbound cards before. Those are cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2005 Zenith had a ton of inserts. The Spellbound set also features Maddux, Clemens, and Arod.

      Delete
  2. Whom ever they throw in to the deliver role Mike will misuse them

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I hope they do not spend a lot of money on him

      Delete