Monday, December 11, 2017

Still Working on 2017 Sets

2017 only has 3 weeks left and I am still plugging away on a number of base sets.  I was hoping to find some of the cards I needed at the card show last weekend, but no such luck.  I was able to make a trade with Trading Bases member Colin M. that brought a nice handful of needs.

I hope Diaz can find his swing in Toronoto as a backup infielder/DH.  He had a nice 2016 before he got hurt and lost some confidence.

 Now that the Cardinals are out of the Stanton mix, I would bet at least on of these guys will be in the Opening Day lineup.  I would not bet on which one though. 

A trio of Cardinals outfielders and a pissed off looking Matt Carpenter round out the trade package.  I am guessing Carp will be a Cardinal, but will not have a definite defensive spot.  He should split time at first, second, and third this year unless the Cardinals trade for Longoria or sign a free agent like Hosmer or Moustakas.  I would not mind Longo, but would pass on the two Royals for the price they will get. 

No comments:

Post a Comment