Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Top 50 in Doubt

Last month I set a small goal to end 2017 in the top 50 traders on TCDB.  As of today, I am #55.  I am needing 7 more completed trades to move to #50 assuming nobody around me completes a trade, which is highly unlikely.  With the busy holiday schedule, I may not reach my goal but I am still trying.  Member jimetal7212 sent me a package over the weekend to boost my total.

It is always nice to get minor league cards, even if it is from a lesser know set like 1994 Classic Best Gold.  There are 15 Cardinals in the set, of which I only need #170 Clint Davis.  Not too many big leaguers in  among them other than Dmitri Young and TJ Mathews.

If the name brand was not on the card, you could guess this card was made by Pacific. 


Dufex cards are also welcome additions anytime.  Maybe Pinnacle should make these a set because it would disguise the logos or lack there of.

It pains me to see Jason Heyward cards as a Cardinal.  At least this one is a cool Prizm card.  Although Lackey also joined the Cubs, the Cardinals were not going to sign him anyway.  You cannot tell by the scan, but his card is a Rainbow Foil parallel from 2015 Topps.

My favorite card in the package was this 2017 Topps Update Black #ed to 66.  Brebbia was a Rule 5 draft pick from Arizona in 2015 after he spent 2 years in independent ball.  He was a solid reliever in 2017 posting an ERA under 2.50 and averaging a strikeout per inning.  If I had to guess about his future, he will have another good year or two before he suffers an arm injury due to overuse. 

No comments:

Post a Comment