Thursday, December 14, 2017

Something Extra from Topps

I meant to write this post yesterday, but I got caught up in the Marcell Ozuna and Stephen Piscotty trades the Cardinals pulled off.  I was pleased with what the Cardinals did not give up for Ozuna.  I had feared that Luke Weaver or Jack Flaherty would be involved, but in the end it was Sandy Alcantara.  He has a great arm with some control issues that may make him a closer in the future, but best of luck to him.  As for the Piscotty deal, I am happy he is closer to his family.  I have no idea on how good either minor leaguer they got for him will be, but the Cardinals had to trade an outfielder after getting Ozuna.

I made two baseball card purchases over the Black Friday weekend.  I highlighted my card shop purchase in this post.  I also made an online purchase from the Topps website early Saturday morning.  Early as in 12:33 a.m.  Topps was giving away a Topps Now card each day to the first 1000 customers each day from Black Friday to Cyber Monday.  I ordered a poster that I hope to get autographed at the Cardinals Winter Warm Up in January, so I will not show that right now.  It was nice that the poster was half off, or about $20 by the time shipping was added in.

I knew this card was coming.  There was a different player each day:  Aaron Judge on Friday, Trout on Saturday, Carlos Correa on Sunday, and Cody Bellinger on Monday.  This is my first Topps Now.  I was impressed with how nice it was packaged and how glossy it is in hand. 

The bonus card was this Astros Topps Now card.  Topps issued numerous Now cards after the Astros won the World Series.  This one is the You Tube version.  Both of these cards are available is someone has some Cardinals they would like to send my way.

1 comment:

  1. I haven't picked up any of the Now cards-but they sure are attractive and well done

    ReplyDelete