Tuesday, March 26, 2019

A Golden, Cheesy, and Fleer Kind of Trade

That title is not the greatest, but I was having a hard timing trying to describe my latest trade package from TCDB member Sportzcommish.  Once you see the cards, you will understand.
 
While Topps would only give you a gold border, Score went all out and did the entire card.  These 1994 Gold Rush cards do not scan well at all.  They are not that dark in person.  I love a card that shows a ball in flight like the Arocha one.

I am not for certain how the 1993 Kraft cards were distributed.  I have never heard of cards being included in cheese packages, but I was not an active cheese buyer in 1993.  I guess the pull tab makes this a pop up card.  Not a bad design for a food company.

John Tudor does not look very happy about having his picture taken.  Maybe he was in shock that Fleer included him in so many box sets in the late 1980s.  Todd Worrell on the other hand could not be more happy.

The only normal card in the package was a 2018 Update Salute Flaherty.  I wonder if Topps will airbrush his new #22 on any old photos for 2019.  I hope they are not that lazy.     
 

No comments:

Post a Comment