Monday, March 25, 2019

Marc Remembered I Collect Lankford

In my collecting world, there is nothing better than receiving a new Ray Lankford card.  Last year it only happened 3 times, all through EBAY purchases.  It has been forever since I received one in trade.  Last week I was searching the TCDB for some trade matches and came across a card I did not know existed.  What was even better was that Marc from Remember the Astrodome was the member who had the card.  We were able to work out a small Astros for Cardinals trade that brought me my second new Lankford this year.

This may appear to be a normal 1996 Stadium Club card, but it is actually the silver foil version issued in cereal box factory sets.  Not the flashiest of cards, but I will certainly take it.

Marc filled a PWE with some other Cardinals set needs.  These 3 1991 Swell cards finished my team set.  I don't mean to knock a MLB player, but Reitz is not one of the first Cardinals I think of as a Baseball Great.  Swell must use other criteria .

The Chrome Ozuna finished my 2018 Update team set.  I still need Flaherty to finish the 2018 Topps Fire set.  I hope Ozuna has a big year hitting behind Goldschmidt this year.  If he is fully recovered from a bad shoulder, he should return to 30 home runs and 100 rbis.

Another member of the outfield mix is O'Neill.  He made the opening day roster as a reserve.  If Dexter Fowler is his 2018 self, O'Neill should see a ton of playing time.  Lots of power, but lots of strike outs.

It was nice to put the 1997 Topps team set to bed.  At one time I used a website to make my team lists that did not include multiple player cards.  TCDB helped to fill a few holes in my collection because of this.  
 

No comments:

Post a Comment