Friday, March 1, 2019

2 From the Great White North

With the postal rate increase earlier this year, I have noticed some traders scaling back their number of trades, or making sure enough cards are involved to make the cost of postage worth it.  I have also noticed some traders being hesitant to ship to different countries.  I always factoring in shipping cost when doing a trade.  I make sure to use Paypal shipping whenever possible.  It saves money and eliminates a trip to the post office.  I also use a PWE whenever a few low value cards are involved.  I have received as many as 15 cards in one for less than $2 postage, and all arrived in safe condition.   

Yesterday I received two trade packages from Canada.  Both arrived in less than 10 days.  The first was a PWE from TCDB member forester7.


It always seem like a Canadian trade brings me O-PEE-CHEE cards.  This Ozzie completed my 1988 set.  The Torre is from the 1991 Swell Greats set.  Although these are not worth a lot, I do not come across them very often.  The yellow border is a bit much for me.

Canadian traders also seem to have a good supply of Panini stickers.  The 2 1990 Ozzies knocked my set needs down to 1.  The 1992 Ozzie in the upper left brings me down to 3 more to finish that set. 

My second package came from TCDB member karsal.  This one contained quite a few 2019 inserts that I intend to pass along to another trader.  I did get a couple of Cardinals for my collection.

The Cardinals had 29 cards in the 2002 Topps 206 set.  Quite of few of them are short prints or variations.  I still need 10 more to finish it.  Flaherty is my second 2019 Topps Gold Cardinal.  Maybe this is the year I complete a gold team set.  Doubt it, but I will try.

I sent the first trader a PWE containing 5 cards for $1.15.  The second trader received a bubble mailer with 32 cards for $3.15.  Shipping to Canada is not that much different if you package the right way. 

No comments:

Post a Comment