Monday, March 18, 2019

First EBAY win of 2019 and a PWE

Here it is almost baseball season and I just won my first EBAY auction.  I do surf auctions almost every day, but I rarely bid unless I find a Ray Lankford card I need or a nice Cardinals card/lot cheap.  Last week I found an autograph for less than $5 shipped featuring a player I did not have in my collection yet.

Roberts was the 43rd pick in last year's draft.  He did pitch in a handful of minor league games last year, but will have to sit out the first 50 this year due to a drug suspension.  Although it was not PEDs, cannabis is not something players should be smoking either.  Hope this is not a sign of things to come for him.

The same day I also received a PWE from TCDB member Godzilla8you (love the username). 

I like how Topps shows the grip some pitchers use.  These 2019 gold cards are my 3rd and 4th for the team set.  Just maybe this will be the year to complete one.

I am not a huge fan of the 150th cards, but it is nice to have cards of a player with only a few.  Not sure where Martinez will get his at bats this year other than a pinch hitter unless someone gets injured.  I pray that it will not be Goldschmidt.

The final card was a 1998 Upper Deck Special F/X Alan Benes.  Nice looking cards, but why couldn't these have been used for the base set.   

No comments:

Post a Comment