Thursday, March 21, 2019

Ron Starts My Heritage and Donruss Sets

My second March package from Trading Bases Ron B.  arrived Tuesday.  As usual it was overflowing with all sorts of Cardinals goodies.


My first 2019 Donruss cards include the Yadi and Mikolas variations.  I am not a huge fan of the design.  It is simple enough, but I do not like the large triangle cut out on the 2 corners.  I also do not care for the blurry backgrounds.



I also got a very good start on my 2019 Heritage team set including a Dejong short print.  This one will take a while to complete as there are 6 more Cardinals short prints.  Thanks Topps

Ron sent some sweet Heritage Chrome cards with the being purple and the Hicks refractor numbered to 570.  Not sure why the top of the Hicks card looks brown.

 One great thing about Opening Day is the mascot cards.  If you want to see something crazy, look up some of prices of completed auctions for the autographed versions.  Tough to give up $20 or more for an autograph of a guy in a costume when you can get a Hall of Famer like Brock or Gibson for less than that.  Supply and demand I guess.

Another trade, another Yadi Optic extra.  I did need the 2014 Heritage Chrome numbered to 999. 

For the 2001 season, Pujols played outfield while McGwire was the first baseman.  I remember after a month or so Pujols could not throw very well, so the cut off man would go out in shallow left field to receive his throw.  These 2 cards are part of the 2002-2003 Upper Deck Superstars set.  I do not like sets that mix different sports together. 

The final 3 cards have nothing in common other than being cool additions to my collection.  The 1975 mini Hrabsoky is in great shape, almost gem mint.  Helsley should be getting more cards later this year.  He will start in Triple A, but I would guess he will be in the Cardinals bullpen before the season is over.  Brock and Merrifield are tied together for playing in Missouri and stealing bases.  Whit has a way to go though before matching Brock's numbers.  


1 comment:

  1. Very nice pickups, especially the Heritage cards. Always extra nice to pick up a short print and purple Chrome cards. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete