Wednesday, March 27, 2019

Canadian Trade

My trading with Canadian collectors has seen an uptick this year.  I once thought it was too expensive to ship up north, but using Paypal I can send 25-30 cards in a bubble mailer for less than $4.  The big key is to keep the package thickness to less than 3/4 of an inch.  The mailing time has ranged from 10-14 days.  Earlier this week I received a PWE from TCDB member sandyrusty that hit some team sets that have not seen much action in a long time.

This 1972 Topps is not gem mint, but I do not mind at all.  As long as there are no major creases, I am happy.  One of my yearly goals is to complete a 1970s team set.  I need 8 more to complete this one.  Quite a few short prints will be tough to find for a decent price though.

Canadians seem to have a good supply of O-PEE-CHEE cards.  The McGee rookie is the highlight of these 1983 cards.  I need just 5 more to complete this team set of 17.

I did finish my 1995 Select set with the Brian Barber card.  The Zeile is a 1995 Stadium Club parallel.  I need 2 more to finish that one.

I am one of the weird guys who considers a checklist part of the team set.  It is a good way to double check what I have and what I need.  This was the last 1994 Flair card that I needed.  Too bad there is a Cub pictured on the card.  



No comments:

Post a Comment