Friday, March 8, 2019

Kiddie Trade

This post has nothing to do with Jason Kidd.  For a year or two back in the early 1990s I bought a few basketball card packs, but soon realized my budget would only fit one sport.  That was the end of my 2 sport collecting days.  Anyway, a trade package from TCDB member Trinitydawg22 arrived yesterday that took me back to my younger days.  Nothing flashy at all about the cards, just some fun things to collect.

What kid doesn't love stickers.  Stickers that feature baseball players are even better.  These 3 are from the 1987 Topps Stickers set.  I have an old Red Foley sticker book somewhere in my collection, but have never owned any Topps albums.  I keep thinking one of these days I will buy one for my son, but have yet to do so.  Maybe this is the year.

The 1992 Topps Kids set is rather small with only 130 cards.  What it lacks in quantity, it makes up for in creativity.  I do not recall seeing a set with cartoons in the background.  There were 6 Cardinals in the set.  I still need the Ozzie Smith card to complete it.

Nothing to kiddie about these 1991 Topps Tiffany cards.  Just simple cards without a great deal of value that are fun to chase down.

The only thing kiddie about this 2018 Heritage insert is that Carlos Martinez acts like a kid sometimes.  Whether he is stacking cups in the dugout, or throwing water in a someone's face after they hit a home run, he keeps things playful in the dugout.  Not always a good thing, but I am guessing it is welcome change to keep things playful during the grind of a 162 game season.    

No comments:

Post a Comment