Thursday, March 5, 2020

Unexpected Mail Leads to a Trade

I am sure most of us have received cards in the mail that we were not expecting.  The card collecting community is a very generous one.  I love it when I receive these.  A while back, Trading Bases member Pete P sent me a nice numbered Stan Musial card.  I was able to find quite a few cards from his wantlist that started a bigger trade.



I crossed off one of the many needed Edmonds cards with this 2002 Flair.  I am not a fan of the profile pic in the background.  Just give me a nice action shot.  The Drew card completed my 2001 Pacific team set.


I wish Panini would bring back the Golden Age or Cooperstown sets.  For some reason, the lack of logos does not bother me as much for sets with retired greats.


How cool is it to have a card of your team's most famous announcer?  I had no clue Jack Buck even had any cards made other than his 2001 Cardinals Police card.  It would have been awesome if Upper Deck included him as a cut auto in on of the SP Legendary Cuts sets.  I can settle for a nice Enos Slaughter base card from the 2003 set instead. 

No comments:

Post a Comment