Monday, September 28, 2020

2020 Allen & Ginter EBAY Team Break

I have to admit I am getting a little addicted to watching team breaks.  Even if I am not in them, it is fun to see what great cards get pulled.  I bid on my fair share, but have not won very many.  I have a hard time going over the price of a blaster box without the guarantee of getting a base team set.  The higher end stuff like Bowman Chrome will be out of my price range for awhile.  Last week I did get lucky and win a 3 hobby box break of 2020 Allen & Ginter on EBAY for a little less than $15 delivered.  There are 13 Cardinals in the base set including one short print.  There are also all the minis and a handful of inserts to chase.




I received 8 of the base cards.  That is not too bad, but the collation was horrible.  I received 3  Bob Gibson cards and 2 Ozzies.  I believe there were 5 Howie Kendrick cards out of the 3 boxes.


I received a regular mini along with a A& G back variation.  



My lone insert was this Molina.  It was nice of Topps to actually come up with a new idea.  How cool would it be if they could produce a game used catcher's mask card.


I was lucky to score 1 of the 9 hits from the 3 boxes.  Once again bad collation struck as 2 relics of the same skateboarder were pulled.  That is a big reason why I never bust any packs of A&G.  One of the other hits was a mineral card numbered to 10.  That may be a sweet pull, but not in my book.  Overall the break was ok.  I came pretty close to getting fair value for the money I spent.  The cards were shipped very quickly and packaged well.  My only big complaint was the breaker's language.  I lost count of how many F bombs he dropped over the course of the 45 minute break.  I am all for being excited over a great pull, but the use of that type of language does not come across as very professional to me.  Regardless of price, I will not be getting into any of his future breaks.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment