Friday, September 25, 2020

The End is in Sight

The MLB regular season is coming to end this weekend.  The Cardinals have 4 games left against the Brewers.  Depending on how those games go, they may have to play a doubleheader on Monday in Detroit to determine their playoff status.  I hope it does not come down to that.  The pitching staff could use a break.

Something else coming to an end is the pile of cards I need to scan.  As of this morning I am caught up, but I should have 3 packages arriving today or tomorrow to keep me busy this weekend.  The fun never stops.  This morning I scanned the last 2 trade envelopes I received early this week.  First up is a pwe from TCDB member bigblue88.


I have been getting a lot of Topps Gold cards lately, but not too many from before 2010 like the Miles card from 2008.  I guess that happens when you try to find inserts or parallels that are over 10 years old.


Brebbia is not a huge name to non Cardinal fans, but he has been a valuable reliever the last few years.  His Tommy John surgery this year sure has hurt the bullpen.  I miss the wooly beard also.

The next pwe was from TCDB member Diamondreams.


This Ozzie completed my 1994 Collector's Choice Silver Sig team set.  His signature has not changed much since then.  


Molina collected his 2,000 hit last night in the Cardinals victory.  His contract is up at the end of the year, but I doubt he will retire.  I could live with another year or two, but not at his current $20 million salary.  It would be cool to see him and Wainwright retire together at the end of next year.




No comments:

Post a Comment