Tuesday, September 1, 2020

A Bigg Cardinals Package

My favorite fellow Cardinals blogger Kerry recently sent me a large package full of Cardinals.  Some were from my want list, others were cards that I needed but were not on my list.  I really appreciate anyone who goes through my collection to see what I have.  Kerry has done this countless time.  I need to get off my lazy you know what and send him some Cardinals in return.


I never thought I would complete the 2017 Honus Bonus team set, but I am down to just 2 cards.  Somewhere Zach Duke and Jedd Gyorko are sitting in a box waiting for me.


These are my first 2019 A&G X cards.  A prime example of Kerry going to the trouble of looking at my have list since I did not have a want list for this set.  Bader helps to chip away at the Gold Hot Box set.

 
If you look too fast you will miss the All Star Game logo on these cards. 

 
One good thing about not being a huge mini card fan is that I still need a ton of them.  Wainwright hurled a complete game victory Sunday on his 39th birthday.  The old man still has it. 


Speaking of Waino, how about a couple of sweet refractors.  I love the orange Topps Chrome.  I think that  has something to do with being an Illinois Fighting Illini fan. 

 
I wonder if Topps will make Heritage Minors and Pro Debut sets in 2021.  I am sure they will come up with some way to crank them out.  Maybe push the release date to the middle of July.


Kerry set a nice stack of 2009 Cardinals Topps team set cards.  Who doesn't love a great Fredbird card.  The action shot on the Glaus card is great.


Some Prism cards are better than others.  The colored parallels from 2019 are so much better than the 2013 Rookie insert.  The Mikolas is a purple parallel despite what my scanner shows.


The Ozzie big head is one of many short prints from the 2009 Upper Deck Goudey set.  It will be awhile before that set is completed.

 
Finishing things off with some great oddball cards.  I had never heard of the 1992 Kodak Cooperstown set.  Same thing goes for the 1987 Nestle Hornsby card.  The Benes is an ultra rare 1994 Signature Rookies card with a print run of 20,000.  I guess that was something to brag about back then. 

Big thanks to Kerry for all the wonderful cards.  Hope to get something headed your way soon.

2 comments:

  1. Good to see that you needed them! I've been finding it easier to go through people's TCDB collections to see what they might need, but not everyone has one of course.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It does take time to enter your collection, but it makes trading so easy once it is done.

      Delete