Friday, December 11, 2020

A PWE Full of Stickers

I am pretty sure my first exposure to baseball stickers was the 1988 Red Foley book.  My mom won a contest from the local radio station for a group of books, and this was in it.  I remember spending an entire day putting all the stickers in the correct spot.  I am pretty sure I still have it somewhere in my collection.  Sometime in the near future I will have to dig it out and write a more in depth post about it.  In the meantime, you can enjoy the stickers I received in a pwe from TCDB member distirbed1 last week.


Topps cranked out a ton of stickers in the 1980s.  A lot of them featured dual players.  Who would not love the 1985 Neil Allen rocking the warm up jacket with the baby blue uniform.  The other 3 are from the 1990 set.  That one has a ton of variations to it.  The sticker fronts are the same, but the player on the back is different.  


The red border on these 1989 Panini stickers go really well with the Cardinals uniform.  There are 18 Cardinals in this team set including stadium, logo, and script card.  About the only thing missing is the manager.


Unlike previous years, the 1994 Panini set is almost standard sized.  The green border is not bad, but I still prefer the red like on the 1987 Fleer McGee card.  It was the only non sticker in the trade.  Kind of a weird color schem with red and purple borders to go along with blue and white text.  Leave out the purple and it would be pretty sharp.  


  

2 comments:

  1. 1989 Panini brings back great memories. I had tons of '88 and '89 stickers as a kid. Re-captured my childhood by buying a box and album of '88 a couple years ago. Seeing these Cardinals stickers - especially the sparkly stadium - makes me want to do the same for the '89 edition.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I keep telling myself to get a current Topps Album one of these days for my son to do, but never have. I agree it makes a collector feel like a kid again.

      Delete