Tuesday, December 29, 2020

Another OZ-Some Trade

Last month I highlighted a trade with TCDB member timriess that brought 4 new Ozzie Smith cards to my collection.  As I noted in that post, he is a fellow Cardinals fan.  Since we completed our first trade, he has been busy uploading his wantlist for various Cardinals sets.  We were able to work out another traded that sent a huge stack of my duplicates his way in exchange for even more Ozzie cards this time around.

I was really excited to get quite a few oddball cards in this trade, including quite a few I have never seen before.  From top to bottom we have a 1989 Cereal Superstars, a 1986 Scott Cunningham type Broder card, a 1989 OPC sticker, and a 1985 All Star program insert.


These oddball Ozzie are a 1992 Allen Kaye's Sports Card Magazine cutout, a 1991 Panini Canadian Top 15, and a 1992 Pinnacle Church's Chicken Hometown Stars.  Hard to pick out a favorite out of all 7 of these, but I really like the 1986 Scott Cunningham card.  


1994 Panini is not quite as hard to find as the other cards, but it did complete my team set.


It is rare for me to show the back of cards, but I figured everyone knows what a 1989 and 1986 Topps card looks like.  These 2 are the Tiffany versions with the brighter backs.


Stadium Club was also represtent with a 1994 Golden Rainbow parallel, 1993 Stadium Club Murpry, and a 1995 Virtual Reality.  


  
More cool cards from the 1990s are shown here.  These are all from 1996.  The Circa Access folds out to three times the size of a normal card.  I did not want to damage it trying to scan it, so you only get to see the front.  The Metal Universe Platinum parallel completed my team set.


The last of the Ozzie cards are 2 from the 2002 Upper Deck Prospect Premiers Heroes of Baseball set and a great looking 2011 Topps Lineage Diamond Anniversary Platinum card.  After receiving all of these, I know have 662 different Ozzie Smith cards in my collection.  That is a lot, but I was guessing it would be more.  Topps puts him in almost ever set that features retired players.  Guess I still have a ton to track down.



I also received these 3 non Ozzie cards.  The 1999 McGwire is from the 16 card Home Run Heroes set.  Topps, Fleer, Pacific, and Upper Deck all produces cards for this set. I already have a copy of the 1998 Flair Row 2 Lankford in my player collection, so this one goes in the team set.  Finishing things up is a great looking 1998 Topps Chrome Refractor of Brian Jordan.  




No comments:

Post a Comment