Thursday, December 31, 2020

Christmas Bonus

My last day of work before Christmas was December 22.  The construction business always slows down this time of year because of weather, so we took an extra long break.  This finishes up my 20th year at my current job.  We have been very fortunate to have had  a good year despite everything 2020 brought.  Every year we get a Christmas bonus.  The size depends on how the year went.  I knew it was a good one, but was not expecting a bonus almost 3 times as much as the one I received in 2019.  After the short trip home and sharing the great news with my wife, I decided to hop on EBAY and treat myself.  As luck would have it there was a 5% EBAY bucks promo running that made things even better.  

I ended up winning 2 auctions from one seller and also purchased my most expensive card ever with a buy it now option.  Both packages arrived yesterday.



This seller had quite a few auctions for 2020 Bowman Chrome autographs.  He had another Cardinal prospect I needed, but I lost out on the auction.  I was still happy to get these 2 for a little less than $10 delivered.  Neither is a big name, but I am always on the look out for new players to added to my Cardinals autograph collection.  Which leads to the next card

Along with Albert Pujols, Mark McGwire is an auto that I have been wanting to add for a long time.  This 2020 Topps Chrome Black was about $75 after the rebate.  That is by far the most I have ever spent on a card.  I considered adding a nice vintage card of Stan Musial, but I am not into graded cards and hate not buying vintage in person.  This card looks great in person.  My scanner makes it look much darker that what it really is.  Maybe next year I will add a Pujols.  

Hope everyone has a safe New Year's Eve.  I will be spending most of the day painting at my sister in law's house.  Not a typical party, but 2020 has been far from it.  Glad to see it end later tonight.


    

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the big bonus, and the nice new cards. Happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Best wishes to you and your family this year.

      Delete