Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Some Color, Some Macs, Some Refracs from TCDB

My incoming trades are slowing down some, but everything is still arriving.  With not much going on in the evenings, I should be doing a trade or two a day.  Instead it has been 2 or 3 a week.  That just makes things more sweeter when a trade does arrive like Monday when a package from TCDB member abide was waiting in mailbox.  He included a nice variety of Cardinals for various team sets.


Bowman Foil cards do not scan well.  These 2 are from the 1996 set.  I will have to add more of these parallel sets to my wantlist.


These 1997 Pacific Prisms Gems of the Diamond could pass for Topps Gold cards.  There are 8 Cardinals in the set.  Other than Ozzie Smith, there are no big names.  No Lankford, Gant, Jordan or McGee.  Instead Pacific use Mejia, Fossas, Barber, and Bell.  


Abide is also a McGwire collector, so we were able to exchange some duplicates.  I now have 10 of the 15 cards from the 1999 Ovation Remarkable Moments set.  There are 7 McGwire cards in the 1998 Upper Deck Prime Nine set, but only 2 are Cardinals cards.  I now have both of them.


I did finish the 2005 Topps Update Chrome set with these 2 cards.  On to the refractor set next.


I still think 2012 Topps Gold cards look more like bronze borders.  They just look too dull to be gold.  There is no mistaken the Blue Border from Walmart.  I am glad Topps has gotten away from given every retailer a different colored parallel.  One is hard enough to track down, let alone 3 or 4.


I love refractors, even the less exciting ones like regular and sepia.  Topps does a good job of using photos of players in retro uniforms like on the Holliday card that shows the pullover 1980s style uniform.  Reyes looks a lot different now than he did on the 2018 card.  He has lost a ton of weight and now wears #29.  I still hold out hope he will be a starter next year, but will be thrilled if he stays healthy and contributes in any way.  He debuted in 2016, but only has appeared in 32 career games due to injuries and Covid.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment