Thursday, August 18, 2022

Big Package from June

Reading the title you may think the cards I am showing off today are from a package I received in June.  This huge Cardinals lot came in last week from trader June M.  She is not a member of Trading Bases, but has traded with quite a few member there.  She did a lot of homework on our trade.  She searched my want and trade list and had the trade set up before she even contacted me.  Only thing I had to do was dig out the cards.  


I had a hard time trying to scan these 1986 Topps Tattoos  sheets.  There are 8 different players to a sheet, and I tried to fold them so the Cardinal player was showing on each.  These are the type of oddballs from the 1980s that I love to find.


I finished 2 mini sets from 1989 with these Panini Stickers and UK Mini.  


There is always room in my collection for oddball Ozzie Smith and Vince Coleman cards.  I wonder how many stolen bases Coleman would have finished his career with if he had not left as a free agent after the 1990 season.  


I finished another set with the Mabry from 1998 Pacific Invincible Gems of the Diamond.  The Benes leaves me 1 short of finishing the 1997 Donruss Limited team set.



The package was very McGwire heavy.  My favorite of the bunch was the 1999 UD HoloGrfx Future Fame Gold.  




A few base cards from the early 2000s reduced some set needs.  The 2003 EX Edmonds is the best of the bunch.


Unlike most of my trade packages, there were very few modern inserts.  The ones I did receive were colorful.  Love the 2021 Big League Orange Dylan Carlson.







No comments:

Post a Comment