Friday, August 12, 2022

Chrome Anniversary

One of the sets that creeped up on me this year is 2021 Topps Chrome Platinum Anniversary.  I had no idea the set was coming out, let alone being delayed a year.  I knew the problems Topps was having with 2021 Big League, but had no idea about this set.  You would think a 700 card set would get more attention.  Either I am reading the wrong websites, or this one just slipped through the cracks.  Glad there are traders like TCDB member George1369 who have some of the base cards for trade.


The Cardinals have 29 base cards in the set.  Quite a few of them are retired players like these 4 Hall of Famers.  I like how Topps used a different logo for players who played in different eras.  


Nice to have the base Wainwright to go along with the refractor I showed off a few days ago.  


Since the set was a year late, there are quite a few guys who are no longer on the team.  Sad to see that Carpenter has a broken foot now.  Although I am not a Yankee fan, it was good to see him having a bounce back year after a couple of down ones.


The non Topps part of the package include a nice 2022 Musial Diamond Kings inserts, a Holo purple, and a Carlson chrome like Chronicles card.  


  

No comments:

Post a Comment