Tuesday, August 9, 2022

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #19

My TCDB 2 for Tuesday recaps are becoming less frequent.  I only did 1 in July, and this is my first in August.  I am either not trading enough, or doing too good of a job on the trading recaps that I do not have to combine them.  Either way, I hope to pick them back up with more regularity starting with today's post.  First up are 2 card from member JustinBobo77.


My 2022 Donruss team set is not complete thanks to getting the Nootbaar card.  Noot should see more regular playing time now that Harrison Bader is a Yankee.  So far he has been doing well.  Flaherty is my first 2022 Topps Gold card.  He might be headed out for a rehab assignment soon with a goal of returning in late August or early September.  If he does return, I look for it to be in a bullpen role.

The second trade consisted of 6 Cardinals from member heattreat.


Wish my 2022 Gypsy Queen set was complete like the Donruss set.  I still need to track down the Musial short print.  Topps really jumped the gun by including Anderson Tejeda in the set.  He never saw an at bat as a Cardinal.


It is no coincidence that the Cardinals have not lost a game since Molina returned from the DL.  He has not hit his weight during those games, but his handling of the staff including 2 new starting pitchers has been great.  


I am not very impressed with the 2022 Topps Generation Now design.  If you are not going to use the ballpark as a background, you better have something that stands out.  The silver blocks with red curls does not do anything for this card.  The Stadium Club red parallel on the other had is outstanding.  Topps seems to use the arch as a background for someone's Stadium Club card every year.  



   

No comments:

Post a Comment