Wednesday, January 25, 2023

First Ron B Package of 2023

My favorite online trader Ron B from the Trading Bases group sent me a huge stack of Cardinals last week.  Last year I lost track of how many packages he sent, so this year I plan to do a better job of tracking them.  I am always amazed at the bargains he finds at the card shows.  Living in the North East part of the US, he often finds a ton of Cardinals in value boxes.  All of the cards from today's recap were less than $2, with the bulk of them being quarter cards.  


There were only 2 base cards in the lot, one being this 2022 Select Ozzie card.  


The other base card was the Carlson from 2021 Topps A&G Chrome.  Lots of nice shiny cards including a sweet Lou Brock numbered to 99.  The rest of the cards are refractors including the blue DeJong numbered to 150.


A few more refractors including a 2017 purple Dexter Fowler numbered to 299.


A few more shiny Topps cards, this time the mini variety.  The A&G Chrome minis look great in hand.


Not all cards were shiny.  3 2022 parallels include a rainbow foil, gold foil, and blue border.   The 2019 Update Knizner is a Father's Day parallel numbered to 50.


The last of the Topps cards include a 1994 Team Stadium Club 1st Day issue card of Omar Oliveras.  It makes me feel old to think this card is almost 30 years old.  I graduated from high school in 1994.  The 2019 metallic snowflake Goldschmidt completed my team set.  


Moving on to the Panini brads, there were quite a few shiny parallels here as well.  I pride myself on knowing minor league players, but I had no clue who Luis Pino was.  The Cardinals signed him as an international free agent in 2021.  He has not played any full season ball yet.


It was a Jack Flaherty kind of trade.  These make 5 from the package.  The red, white, and blue optic is numbered to 150.



The last 5 cards all came from Absolute Memorabilia.  The top 2 cards are lava parallels from 2022 Absolute retail.  I never knew that parallel existed.  Good thing TCDB has pictures for most insert and parallels sets.  

  


    

No comments:

Post a Comment