Monday, January 23, 2023

Odd Trade

It seems forever since I added any oddball Cardinals to my collection.  Unless I drive to St. Louis, it is rare to find any at the card shows I attend.  I have some on my TCDB want list, but there are so many sets out there I do not know about.  Such was the case with a recent trade with member Ymmat.  He had a Jake Woodford card I needed to replace the one I recently had autographed.  A quick search of his trade list revealed some Cardinals I had never seen before.  


This Ray Washburn card is from the 1981 TCMA The 1960s set.  There are 10 Cardinals in this set, including a card that features long-time owner Gussie Busch.  I will definitely have to add that one to my collection sometime.    


I added all 4 Cardinals from the 1984 Topps Stickers Box set.  I assume these were on the bottom of the wax box.  The backs are blank.  Nothing flashy about them, but I love them anyway.


I don't recall ever adding 2 Gregg Jefferies cards to my collection in the same trade.  The SI for Kids card is from 1994.  I did not realize the magazine was that old.  The Queen of Diamonds card is from the 1994 Bicycle Aces set.  


These last 2 cards are not really oddballs.  These gold border minis are from 2020 A&G.  I am still not a big fan of minis, but I have grown to accept them.  There are even a few mini sets on my want list.



     

No comments:

Post a Comment