Wednesday, August 7, 2024

2024 Donruss Box Break

I have reduced the number of box breaks I have bought into recently.  During the Covid years and shortly after, it seemed like I was in 1 every month.  Not long after, I started buying more vintage singles, which greatly reduced my hobby budget.  The box breaks are only two or three a year now.  Almost all of them are through a member of The Bench.  He ships quickly and carefully.  I cannot say I ever scored anything big from his breaks, but they are very reasonably priced.  Last month, I paid $12 for a buy 1 team get 1 team hobby box break of 2024 Donruss.


I received 6 of the 8 Cardinals base cards.  Nice to see last year's #1 draft pick Chase Davis included in the set.


My lone non-base Cardinal was this foil Winn.  The photo looks to be from his time in Memphis.  The Cardinals do not have a dark blue uniform type.

My random team was the Phillies.


Not a bad group of cards, although I wish the Rolen was in a Cardinals uniform.  Nice to get a Schmidt Optic insert in the group.  

My buy works out to $1 per card.  In a month or so, I could find these a lot cheaper at a show, but every now and then, I get the urge to gamble on a break.    
  


No comments:

Post a Comment