Friday, August 2, 2024

Topps Trading Card Day

If you have not heard, tomorrow is Topps Trading Card Day. All the details and the participating card shops can be found here. I plan on stopping by a shop to grab a free pack, but I'm not sure if I will spend $10 to get the Elly De La Cruz card.  

Topps has also been giving away cards at MLB ballparks.  Last Saturday 5 card packs were handed out before the Cardinals game.  That was a day before I went, but luckily, I knew someone who was nice enough to get me one.    


It was not a surprise to find these three included in the pack.  


I was guessing Topps would include Masyn Winn instead of Walker.  I wonder when the checklist was finalized.  Walker has not been in the Majors since late April.  Winn has been having a good rookie season.


Tommy Edman's inclusion is even more puzzling, even before he was traded.  He has not played a game all year due to off-season wrist surgery.  I would have chosen more popular players like Lars Nootbaar, Brendan Donovan, or Willson Contreras.    


 
   

4 comments:

  1. The link isn't correct. Try this: https://ripped.topps.com/topps-trading-card-day/

    Word of warning: in the past Topps has put shops on the list which aren't actually participating, and in at least one case a shop that didn't exist! (It was the home of an online dealer who didn't run a physical shop.) No idea whether they've improved in that regard, but it wouldn't hurt to call the shop and make sure they're in before traveling.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure enough, my local shop is on the list, and I called and they aren't participating.

      Delete
    2. I checked the shop's Facebook page before going. Came home with some cards I will show off soon.

      Delete
  2. Haven't gone since 2019... but maybe I'll swing by after the flea market. Thanks for the heads up.

    ReplyDelete