Friday, August 23, 2024

Friday Feel Good Trade

The weekend is here—well, almost. I will clock out in about three hours. My wife and I will be attending another baseball game tomorrow night.  I hope to have some highlights of that for Monday's post.  In other baseball news, the Cardinals managed to win two of three games against the Brewers.  Nice wins, but they are still ten games back in the division and five in the wild card.  Barring another late season 17-game winning streak,  I do not think there will be a playoff game in St. Louis.

Despite what is happening on the field, I still love getting in the trade package full of Cardinals.  TCDB member sporch10 sent a few of them my way earlier this week along with some cards for my son.


Arenado had a nice moment on Wednesday night with a walk-off grand slam.  The 1989 Topps design looks good with foil.  Winn has been one of the few bright spots this year.  He should finish in the top 3 for Rookie of the Year behind Skenes and Merrill.


I have no idea what the Cardinals are doing with Jordan Walker.  His latest stint in the majors lasted about 2 weeks and 11 at bats.  Why even bring him up if you are not going to play him.  I hope he has not lost his confidence and can come back strong in 2025.  


Matz is scheduled for one more rehab start before returning to St. Louis.  His role is to be determined.  Helsley keeps saving games whenever the Cardinals are fortunate to get a lead.  I wonder what the Cardinals could have received in a trade return this year for him.


It is great to see Carlson having some success in Tampa after his trade.  138 at bats with the Cardinals and no home runs.  55 at bats with the Rays and 3 home runs.  It is amazing what some playing time and positive reinforcement can do for someone.  Even a major leaguer needs a pat on the back sometimes.


Altuve is still a 3 WAR player this year in his age 34 season.  It would not shock me to see the Astros win a series or two in the playoffs.  


  
  
  
          

1 comment:

  1. I won't root for the Astros in the playoffs... but I will root for Altuve. Love that guy. Hoping he ends the season with a .300 batting average or higher.

    ReplyDelete