Thursday, August 1, 2024

13th New Lankford of 2024

It has been two months since I added a new Ray Lankford card to my collection.  He was not included in 2024 Donruss, so no new cards to chase so far this year.  The banker in me likes that, the collector not so much.  I was surprised last week to find TCDB member mjones68 add a Lankford card to his trade list that I needed.  I did not have anything from his want list, but he graciously took a Bobby Witt Jr card in return for trade bait.  Nice to find another collector willing to help someone out.


This is a 1998 Topps Gallery Player's Private Issue Auction parallel.  From the front it looks like another card I have.  Flip it over, and you will find the difference.


There are 4 different point versions of this card: 25, 50, 75, and 100. I need the 25 point card to complete the run.  Collectors could use the points to bid on artwork.  Glad some of these were not redeemed.      



    

1 comment:

  1. Interesting. Topps was thinking outside of the box with these parallels. I wonder how many collectors actually participated in the auctions and used these cards/points.

    ReplyDelete