Tuesday, August 6, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #86

It's hard to believe it's already the first Tuesday in August. This year has flown by very quickly. It seemed like school just let out for the summer a few weeks ago, but it starts back up next week.  It will be an interesting time in my household.  My son turned 16 last month, so this is his first year driving on his own.  My daughter is set to move into her college apartment next week.  She is only a little over an hour away, but my wife has already been dreading the day. 

I, on the other hand, will continue with my daily routine of going to work and playing with cards in my spare time.  That is until my son's soccer season starts.  For now, I have plenty of time to scan and file away cards from TCDB trades.  Today's first set of cards came from member abide.  


The Gant finally finished my 1998 Topps Opening Day set.  I wish Topps would bring back the Gold Sparkle parallels from 2012.  These are great-looking cards.  The Lankford goes toward my 1998 Pacific Invincible team set.  I already have a copy for my player collection.  

The second package came from member sportzking.


I have very few inserts from 2024 Topps.  Nice to get 3 in 1 trade.  Carlson returns to St. Louis today for a 3 game series with Tampa.  Is it bad to hope he hits .750 with a home run every game?


This is my 95th Schoendienst card.  I need to push that over 100 before the end of the year.


My son added the 2024 Topps base Altuve to his collection.  Topps chose a nice action shot that I have not seen used on a card before.  

  


      

No comments:

Post a Comment