Thursday, August 29, 2024

Silver, Gold, and Black

I was really looking forward to the arrival of a trade envelope from TCDB member AgsWin99. He has been on the site for a little over a year but has only 25 completed trades, including the one we did this week.  That did not discourage me from working out an excellent trade with him.  I checked with a couple of his recent trade partners, and both gave him great ratings.  I sent him about 20 various set needs and a few Topps Gold cards in return for 9 colorful Cardinals and a lone insert.


The highlight of the package was the 2011 Diamond Anniversary Musial card, a photo variation of the main set.  There are 31 Cardinals in this set.  I need five more, four of which are photo variations.  


It is rare for me to get more than one or two gold parallels in a trade.  I was thrilled to get six in this one.  


I was surprised I did not have a want list for the 2011 black border parallel set.  I like to go after any 2011 Topps parallel set since the Cardinals won that year's World Series.  I made sure to add the set after receiving this card.


The only insert from the package was this 2005 Topps Edmonds card.  I have the other 2 Cardinals in the set, Rolen and Pujols.  Nice of Topps to give some recognition to the MV3 guys of 2004.  


  


     

1 comment:

  1. I really like the annual Topps gold parallels that are numbered to the year. There's enough of them out there that they're affordable. Maybe one day I'll start a frankenset.

    ReplyDelete