Tuesday, August 13, 2024

TCDB 2 for Tuesday #87

Today's mail recap is not as exciting as yesterday's post.  It is hard to top meeting your favorite player, but I do have some nice cards to show off.  The first pwe came from member pdmkam.


Nice to start off with an oddball Ozzie Smith from 1984 Topps Rub Downs.  My Ozzie collection sits at 784 different cards at the moment.  I thought I would be closer to 1,000 by now.   Will have to make it a point to at least reach 800 by year's end.


2019 Bowman Heritage was only available from the Topps website.  I am guessing that is a good reason you do not see these very often at shows.  I am not a fan of the numbering Topps used.  Veterans like Molina had a card number beginning with 53VR.  Prospects like Gorman had a card number beginning with 53P.  Why not just keep it simple and start at number 1?

The second trade came from member bobrogers24.  A big thank you goes to him for sending a second package my way after the first one he mailed on May 29 has yet to arrive.  Has anyone else noticed a decline in service from the post office in the last few months?  I have 2 other trades that I have waited over a month for, while one package I sent at the beginning of June has not arrived.   


I had so much hope for Alex Reyes, but injuries had other plans.  I doubt he will ever return to form if he ever gets a chance to play again.  I am still happy to add his cards to my collection like this 2018 Heritage short print.


If I had to pick a refractor type to do without, sepia would be it.  The cards are too bland.  I need color in my card collecting life.  Pink, on the other hand, is a nice change of pace.  The border goes well with Cardinal red.


A few more color parallels.  I have said it a few times before, but the 2014 Red Foil parallels are one of the best Topps has produced in recent memory.  I really wish they would bring this one back.  


 

  


  

1 comment:

  1. 784 different Ozzie cards is really impressive. Best of luck on your quest to reach 800 by the end of the year.

    ReplyDelete