Tuesday, March 23, 2021

2 For Tuesday.

I am at a loss for a post title today, so I will use one that I am sure most of you have seen quite a few times.  I received 2 nice pwe trades yesterday that I opened last night while watching Kansas get slaughtered by USC.  First up is a trade with Trading Bases member Jeff L.


Only 2 cards in this one, but a very nice 2 cards they are.  The 2021 70 Years of Topps insert of Yadi is a great picture.  I am not a huge fan of the set, but at least Topps chose a nice design for this card.  The Carlson is a gold foil parallel.  I am very excited to see how he will do this season.  I have seen quite a few publications giving the Rookie of the Year award to Hayes in Pittsburgh, but I think Carlson will surprise a few of them.  He may not be a true superstar, but he should be very steady.

The other pwe came courtesy of TCDB member TigerVol18.

I really need to make a Sportlots order to knock off more base card needs from the 1990s like the 1997 Pinnacle Inside Young.  I still need 1 more card to finish the team set.  The Izzy is a short print from 2002 Topps Traded.  Need 1 more card to finish that set also.


I was able to finish the 2020 Big League Orange parallel set with this Wong card.  It will be strange not seeing him at second base for the Cardinals this year.  It would not shock me to see him play well for the Brewers every time they come to St. Louis.  The Yadi 1952 Redux was not part of the original trade, but the card I wanted had a corner ding so it was replaced.  At the time I needed Yadi, but now I have 3 copies.  I had not seen the KK card before this trade.  Starting with this years Topps set, I am trying to add all base and insert Cardinals to my TCDB wantlist when the checklist is released.  That should hopefully help me avoid finding new to me inserts years after they have been released.  



No comments:

Post a Comment