Monday, March 15, 2021

A Swell Trade

It was a rather slow weekend for me card wise.  Only one package arrived, but that is ok.  I spent most of my time watching college basketball.  Shout out to the Illinois Fighting Illini for winning the Big 10 Tournament and also getting a #1 seed.  The Big Dance should be very interesting this year.  I hope there will be no Covid related cancellations. 

Enough about basketball.  You came here to see the latest batch of Cardinals that I received from TCDB member Jquirp001.

I love the 1989 Swell set.  It is great to see regular HOF players like Slaughter and Steve Carlton featured, but also get cards of Drabowsky and Walker.  Many people have heard of Slaughter's mad dash in the 1946 World Series, but may not know that Walker drove him in.  Great looking cards.  I love seeing the different style of uniforms.


2021 Topps Opening Day is scheduled to be released next week.  I am not sure if blue parallels are included this year, but I hope so.  Just like this 2018 card, they always look sharp.


2020 Rainbow Foil parallels have been easier to find than the 2021 cards.  I am a little over half way done with the 2020 team set.  I know it is still early, but I only have 1 2021 card so far.  I guess I should just give it more time like I have with the 2019 150th Anniversary cards.  I now have 18 of the 25 Cardinals from that set.


  
Check out those Torre sideburns on this 2020 Heritage insert.  From the sideburns to the pullover jersey, this photo screams 1970s.  




No comments:

Post a Comment