Friday, March 12, 2021

Bench Trade

Breaking away from TCDB and blog trade recaps today to show a package I received from The Bench member dred0gg024.  I visit the website daily, but am finding it harder to trade there.  There are so many newer investors on there wanting HOF autos or rookies in exchange for inserts.  While I am in this hobby for fun, I also will not be taken advantage of.  If you make it through all those posts, you will find true collectors willing to trade.


I am making pretty good progress on the 2021 Cardinals inserts.  Parallels are a different story.  The 1986 cards look great with the red name plate matching the Cardinals uniform.  


I still plugging away at Topps Gold cards from older years like this 2014 card.  One of these days I will complete a team set.


It is strange to see a batting helmet without an earflap or face guard.  Either the players back in the 1980s were tougher, or the pitchers had better command so the hitter did not have to worry about getting drilled in the head.


One positive about minis is you can scan a bunch of them at the same time.  That might be the only positive in my book.  It has been awhile since I added any to the Cardinals collection.




1 comment: