Wednesday, March 17, 2021

2 Small PWE Trades

Despite my informed mail delivery showing nothing was to be delivered yesterday, there were 2 pwe trades waiting for me in the mailbox.  I think the post office should change the name to my best guess delivery.  

First up is a trade with fellow Cardinals fan and TCDB member KMack.  I sent him a small staff of 2021 Topps base cards in exchange for 3 Cardinals.


It is hard to find a red bordered Cardinals card that does not look good.  Even low budget brands like 2004 Bazooka showcase the Cardinals uniform well.  Blue parallels are good also.  I prefer refractors from Topps brands, but 2019 Prizm cards are not bad.


I do not have very many photo variations in my collection.  This 2020 Update Molina photo appears to be taken after a 2019 playoff game.  I would guess it was after Game 4 against Atlanta when he hit a walk off sac fly.

The second pwe came from The Bench member gestes72.  I sent him 3 2021 Topps inserts in exchange for 4 Cardinals.


I wish Topps still included managers in the base set.  The guy leading the team should get some love also.  I do not recall seeing too many inserts of managers either.  Shildt has done well since taking over for Mike Matheny in the middle of the 2018 season.  He seems to be a pretty low key guy who is a player's manager.  The Fernandez is a rainbow foil from last year.  He was among the first roster cuts last week after not being able to throw a strike during spring training.  When he did, it was hit hard.


I love the 2020 Utz Goldschmidt card.  It is a great picture of him showing why he has won 3 Gold Gloves.  The McGwire is a base card from 2020 Chrome Update.  Like most collectors, I was not a big fan of the set but I still have to track down the Cardinals cards.    

  


No comments:

Post a Comment