Wednesday, March 31, 2021

It Took 4 Weeks

If you guessed from today's title that I will have something to say about the postal service, you are correct.  To keep things short and sweet, TCDB member pezNpirates mailed a pwe from Maryland on 3/2.  It finally arrived in Illinois yesterday, 4 weeks later.  If I could give the UPS a grade lower than an F, I would.  At least the cards were safe and sound.

When I agreed to this trade, I still needed the Carlson.  This is my third copy.  I did need the Goldy though.


My needs for 2021 inserts should be in single digits now after this trade.  I need some of the 1986 silver pack cards and some of the 7 years of Topps.  Most team sets like the 1952 Redux and Stars in Service are now done.  The other Yadi is from 2020 Gallery.  The artist did a great job with this card.


Hard to believe it took me almost 30 years to acquire a 1992 Score The Franchise Musial.  Hope it does not take that long to get the card he shares with Yaz and Mantle.  It only took me a few months to get the 2020 Turkey Red Chrome card.  


Finishing things off with a couple of Bowman brand inserts.  The gold chunk cards are hard to find in mint condition due to the chipping.  Good thing I really do not care that much about gem mint cards.  The  Ankiel is a nice die cut from 2000 Bowman's Best.


  

  

2 comments: