Thursday, April 1, 2021

Second Best Day of the Year

Happy Opening Day/April Fool's Day.  It is hard to top Christmas day, but the first day of baseball is very close behind.  April's Fool's day is also special for me because I proposed to my wife on this day 21 years ago.  I hope to celebrate later today with a Cardinals victory, but they will have a tough time facing Luis Castillo and the Reds.  Hopefully Jack Flaherty will be at his best.  

It would not be right to celebrate Opening Day without showing off some cards.  Yesterday I received a pwe from TCDB member hershey with 4 needed Cardinals.

Not too long ago I did not have any of the 1984 Fun Food pins.  Thanks to these 2 and a previous trade, I now have the complete Cardinals set.  The Ozzie looks like it has a bad scratch, but I think it is just a printing line.  


I also received a couple of 2002 base cards.  I need a ton of 2002 Topps Chrome.  I will most likely be placing a Sportlots order to knock my needs down for those.  The Simo card was part of the last 110 cards of 2002 Victory that were released in 2002 Rookie Debut.  These can be harder to find as it was a late season release.  


No comments:

Post a Comment