Wednesday, October 13, 2021

His Guys Went Farther

Before the playoffs started, I worked out a trade with TCDB member stdolan1.  He is a big Braves fan.  I sent him a few Freeman and Riley cards along with a couple of Trea Turners in exchange for a colorful Cardinals lot.  I was scanning my cards last night shortly after Freeman's home run sent the Braves to the NLCS where they could be playing Turner and the Dodgers.  I realized every player I traded is still playing while the none of the Cardinals are.  I still think I came out ok.


The 2021 Prizm red, white, and blue parallels are very nice.  I do not make it a point to chase after too many parallel team sets, but I might try this one.  Topps Chrome pink refractors are parallels I actively seek.  Speaking of pink, make sure you check out Collecting Cutch's blog all month.  He is cranking out some great posts in support of breast cancer awareness month.


Here are a couple of green/camo cards of 2 guys that were traded for each other.  The Cardinals end looks pretty good right now.  Arenado had a great season and has already stated he will not opt out of his contract this year.  It may be a year or two before the Rockies really know how they did.  Austin Gomber had an ok year pitching at Coors, but none of the other 3 players have reached the majors yet.  Look for Montero to change that in 2022.


KK most likely has pitched his last game in St. Louis.  I would not mind having him back next year as he served as a good #4/5 starter who was also left handed, but he did not appear to be happy after being moved to the bullpen in the second half this year.  I will have some cards like the 2021 Prizm base and 2020 Holiday Metallic to remember him by.


I always look forward to October 27th on the calendar.  Beside being my birthday, it is also the day the Cardinals won the 2006 World Series and Game 6 of the 2011 World Series.


What a difference a day makes.  Taveras passed away on October 26, 2014.  I bet he would have played in a few All Star games by now.  




  

  

No comments:

Post a Comment