Wednesday, October 6, 2021

It is Wild Card Day

Tonight is the NL Wild Card game.  Despite the late season winning streak, I do not have a lot of faith in the Cardinals beating Max Scherzer.  Last time he pitched against St. Louis, he went 8 innings allowing 1 unearned run while striking out 13 and walking none.  Adam Wainwright should put up a good fight, but I just don't think the Cardinals will score enough to win.   

While I am watching/listening to the game, I plan to file away some recent trades.  I am guessing I have about 200 cards that need to be put into the proper boxes.  Part of that stack came over the weekend from TCDB user George1369.  We completed a birds for birds trade.  He received 11 Orioles, I received 11 Cardinals.  


I was happy to finally receive these 2010 Topps Attax cards.  I can think of 2 recent trades where I received the code cards instead.  I try not to complain much, but when you can reference a picture on the database, you should not be sending the wrong card. 


My 2021 Prizm team set is almost done.  Just need to track down the Johan Oviedo card.  There are still plenty of parallels and inserts like the Gorman that I can chase after.  


The 2021 Absolute Memorabilia Retail team set also is down to 1 needed card.  Paul Goldschmidt will complete this team set.  It was nice to see Ken Boyer included in the set.  He does not get as much hobby love as Musial, Gibson, etc.  I would attribute that to his not being in the Hall of Fame.  


I received 2 more base cards in the trade that included a 2021 Topps Fire and a 2017 Honus Bonus.  I never thought I would complete a HB set, but I am needing just 1 more to finish this one.  Cardinals great Zach Duke is the last one I need.  


I also came away with 2 inserts.  The 1998 Bowman International Politte did not scan very well.  The foil finish and dark background made it difficult to get a good picture.  The McGwire 2021 A&G turned out much better.  This card highlights his 62nd home run back in 1998.  

  


    
      

No comments:

Post a Comment