Monday, October 11, 2021

Trading From the Surplus

I completed one of my favorite types of trades last week with TCDB user timriess.  We have traded 7 times since last November where Cardinals are headed each direction.  He has a rather large Cardinals collection just like mine.  It is hard to not accumulate duplicates with something so large, so it works out great to have several fellow Cardinals fans to trade with.  


Even though the early 1990s was not a good era for Cardinals baseball, I love getting cards from then.  It was during that time that I had my first job and was able to start buying a few packs.  I love filling in the holes from that period with cards like the 1993 Team Stadium Club Zeile and 1992 Bicycle Rookies Jordan.  


It may look strange to scan a 2021 Stadium Club and 2011 Topps base card together, but one of my favorite images is of Molina and Motte embracing after the final out of the 2011 World Series.  These 2 belong together.  I had to get another copy of the Motte for my collection since I used one back in September for an in person autograph.


Molina is joined this time by Hall of Famer Rogers Hornsby.  By now you know my Allen & Ginter habits.  Won't buy packs, but will gladly trade for them.


These 2 Altuves pushed my son past 450 different ones in his collection.  I am still not betting on getting to 500 by the end of the year, but with his soccer season coming to end we will have more free time on the weekends to attend shows or work out trades.  


No comments:

Post a Comment