Monday, October 4, 2021

Lots of Goodies

One of my more larger recent trades arrived a week ago Saturday from TCDB user suorange93.  I try to post recaps in the order that trades arrive, but it was too easy just to scan the smaller ones that arrived later than this one.  Thanks to a rainy Saturday, I had plenty of time to scan all the goodies.

I will start with my first cards from 2021 Topps Fire.  It was rather tempting to buy a hobby box from the Target website, but I decided to hold off when my son did not want to build the set.  It should not be very tough to build the team set through trades or dime boxes.  

That is a lot of green on the 2021 Stadium Club Red Foil DeJong card.  It is rare to complain about Stadium Club photography, but this one would be better with a little more background.  The 2020 A&G gold border mini is any better.  It looks like he has cross eyes.


Topps is not the only company to use the same photo over and over again.  The color Hornsby is from 2020 Diamond Kings, the black and white from 2021.  I wonder if Fanatics will be as lazy.  The red framed 2020 Goldschmidt looks great the Cardinals uniform.  


Flaherty is coming right at you on this 2020 Topps Utz card.  It was great to see him have a clean inning yesterday in relief.  I am would not be surprised to see him in that role during Wednesday's Wild Card game against the Dodgers.  2021 Topps Update is set to release next week.  It has to be better than last year's offering.  I am sure we will get a Chrome version with pink refractors like the above McGwire.  


Topps has a blue parallel in a lot of its brands.  2014 flagship, 2018 Opening Day, and 2018 Big League are just a few examples.  I have mentioned a few times how great the Opening Day cards look.  


It was great to knock out a few Altuve base cards for my son including a 2020 Holiday variation.  Who would not want to wear candy cane socks as part of a big league uniform.  I was shocked to find out he did not have the Topps flagship card before this trade.  I had seen the card so many times I just assumed it was already in his binder.  


These 2 Diamond King cards just look dull.  The 2017 Grey Framed parallel does not stand out like the other colored frames.  The 2020 DK206 is just bad.  I cannot see 1 positive about it.  


I will finish up with a couple of odd sized Altuves.  I am not sure how my son is going to store the 2020 Topps Archives Giant card.  We may have to get a little creative with some soft sleeves.  We do not have that problem with the 2019 Fortune Teller mini.  Just slip it into a sleeve and it will not come out of a regular Ultra pro sheet.

  

  





 

No comments:

Post a Comment